Megan and Claude were delighted to be involved with the recent Game of Thrones photoshoot courtesy of Cocobella Bridal. Take a look below at the pictures, and read our ideas on how to create your perfect gothic style Game of Thrones wedding day!
Dreaming about a full Game of Thrones backdrop for your wedding day? Or just a few medieval touches to set the scene for a wolf-and-dagger romance? Megan & Claude can make it happen!
Five essentials for your Game of Thrones wedding
- Clearly it begins with the venue. For a hauntingly beautiful backdrop, we love Welsh castles like Manorbier and Caldicot. It’s simple to hire a van-load of chairs and turn anything into a venue, so if your heart’s set on a woodland clearing then go for it.
- Say ‘yes’ to the sword! It’s an essential for a Game of Thrones wedding and, while we wouldn’t want all the guests to wield one, a bride-and-groom set of swords and shields adds a brilliant medieval touch. (You’re going to love posing with a sword for the most impressive wedding pics ever.)
- For your big, hearty reception banquet, lay a sensational table with burnished goblets, gold cutlery and silver charger plates. Add multi-sized candlesticks, vases and urns, sprinkled with some naturalistic flower arrangements, and your party is almost ready. (Need more? Please ask us. We love sourcing extra props!)
- Chair, my lady? The bride and groom will want something lordly to sit upon for their feast. That’s what our magnificent Gothic thrones are for… find a minion to drag them around for you while you recline in majesty, drinking from a goblet.
- Winter warmth. If your date is during the winter months then consider adding a couple of faux mink throws – excellent photo props that also prevent you from turning blue.
We have styled some fabulous weddings and photo-shoots recently. One favourite was the Game of Thrones wedding shoot by CocoBella. Find all the gorgeous pictures and details here:
*Is there a wedding theme you’d like us to cover on our blog? Please let us know. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for the latest wedding theme ideas!